For NCE Test Takers
The below framework governs my NCE workshops and is what you can expect from the program.
- Course material is relevant and responsive.
- Instructors/teachers are adequately prepared to teach, impart and motivate adult learners.
- Teaching standardized national test preparation requires a different approach which takes into account student learner’s experiences, strengths, perspectives and previous academic training.
- The usage of external assets and additional resources during test preparation is extremely important.
- Test takers need systems in place for resolving anxiety, low confidence and worry regarding taking a test.
- Critical to passing a national test is the ability for students to plan, decision make and gain personal comfort regarding the material.
- Test takers benefit from securing a consistent and meaningful connection to study material and other concepts.
- The ability to read and infer when answering multiple choice questions (on national exams) is critical.
- The role of teachers/instructors is to set the tone for learning and the securing of additional confidence.
- Effective teachers/instructors are able to adapt their instruction to the needs of adult learners.
- Outstanding teachers/instructors have a deep conviction and desire to help students learn.
- To pass national exams, a connection between the material and the student’s knowledge base is important.